Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Work

Today was my first day of work! I had a meeting with Levi Pulver, my new employer. Dr. Levi is a chiropractor and I will be his practice representative, managing local outreach and promoting health and wellness to the community. At the meeting we talked about how he needs somebody to represent him, to build relationships first, to be present in the community, to spread the news that he can help them, to find ways to bless people and businesses, to make health more accessible to people. Basically, I will be what I like to call a "chiropractic evangelist".

I came home from a short day of meetings and scheduling and I felt so relaxed. It's the first time
in months that I have felt I had earned the permission to unwind. Being unemployed has been very difficult and stressful. It's been hard to truly rest and it's been hard to truly work. People who have been unemployed recently know exactly what I am talking about. It's torturous to be in that limbo.

But it's also good. There is a part of me that wants to hang on it because in that place of tension I feel at the mercy of God; I feel so dependent on the present moment. So I pray that as I move into this new season of work that I hold onto my awareness of my weakness, that I remember how little I really do control and how much I depend on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment