Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Neighbor Love

I left my house through the back door on my way to flag football with a bunch of guys and spotted my wife talking with our neighbor, Sandy.

Sandy and my wife were planning a time they could go on a walk together. When Sandy's son lived where we now do, they would go on walks together every day. Now that he's moved and has a job, she hasn't been on a walk since. She says she'd like to get back into it; walking is good for her health
at her age and she'd love a partner with whom to share it.

Our other neighbor, Mary, has also asked my wife if they can walk together. I love that our neighbors are becoming friends to us. I see God at work, softening our hearts toward one another, building relationships, opening our homes and our lives to one another. It's really a beautiful thing to witness and I pray that our neighborhood becomes a loving community that reflects God's kingdom.

As I left the back porch, I called to my wife, "I love you!"

"I love you too, Brendan!" Rachel sang back.

"I love you too!" echoed Sandy.

I smiled and laughed to myself. I love this.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful that you two are quickly forming relationships with your neighbors. I love the beautiful way in which you two intentionally go about your lives. Have a wonderful Sunday my friends!

    ReplyDelete